7.28.2015

Nuby Wash or Toss Stackable Bowls Review + Homemade Play Dough


When Nuby sent these little bowls I was super excited to try them, they're perfect for snacks, great for meals and toddler leftovers, playtime... And... Play dough!
 
I whipped up some homemade play dough on a whim the other day and it is seriously the funnest! I'll share a little more about that in a minute but first, let's talk about these bowls a little more. :)


The "Wash or Toss" stackable bowls are aimed at ages 6 months or older and are super easy to hold and definitely sturdy enough to reuse over and over and over again! They come in a set of 6 (6 bowls with matching lids), they each hold up to 8 ounces and are BPA free! Yay! I also love that they are dishwasher and microwave safe! Because even though I'm not by any means a fan of microwaves sometimes its just not practical to heat things up on the stove when you're in a hurry and your toddler wants to eat... NOW! lol.
 
The only complaint I have with the bowls are that I sometimes have a little trouble getting the lids off once I put them on and seal them, but even that is minor. We really love these bowls!

These nifty little bowls are available at Meijer so if you have one of those near you then mosey on over and pick some up!
 
Okay, I know you're itching to find out more about the play dough... so let me tell you... it is so much fun... yep, truth be told, I'm pretty sure hubby and I enjoyed playing with it just as much as B! 
 
I used Kool-Aid to color the dough and the colors turned out great and our favorite part is that they all smell amazing!
 
My favorite one color-wise were the blue and mint colors, and my favorite smell-wise were the pink and blue colors. To make the blue I used Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid, the yellow I used lemonade Kool-Aid, for mint I used a combo of blue raspberry and lemonade Kool-aids, for pink I used watermelon Kool-Aid and for the purple I used grape and cherry Kool-aids. I used about 2 packets of Kool-Aid per each ball of play dough and mixed until I got the desired color. :) My only disappointment was I wish the purple was a little more lilac purple than deep purple.
 
So now for the recipe, it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete and is so much fun!


Kool-Aid Play Dough

 
What You'll Need:
 
2 Cups Flour
 
1/2 Cup Salt
 
1 1/2 Cups Water
 
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
 
Kool-Aid Packets
 
 
Instructions:
 
Mix your flour and salt in a bowl, and the Kool-Aid together.
 
Add the vegetable oil to your water and bring your water to a rolling boil.
 
Slowly mix your boiling water/oil into the dry the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula.
 
Keep adding the water and work the dough until it feels like play dough. Next, separate it into sections and work your dry Kool-Aid into each separate piece with your hands, this is best done over a sink or on a countertop to minimize mess.
 
Once you have your desired color, store your play-dough in an air tight bag or these perfectly sized Nuby Wash or Toss Stackable Bowls.
 
And most importantly... Have fun! :D
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a clever idea! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these today and they were a hit, as you know, since I told you. But seriously, thank you! I think I will mostly save them as something to distract her while I am cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making our play doh today!! So excited, thanks for the great idea :)))

    ReplyDelete