4.17.2014

Recipe: Pasta Fagioli

I had been craving Pasta Fagioli for the past few months, so I got the recipe from my mother-in-law a couple weeks back and finally had the chance to make it yesterday! And it turned out so good I decided I had to share the recipe with you all! As a side note though, I did change the recipe somewhat so this is my version of it and also this makes quite a lot, I filled my crockpot up and had enough leftover to fill a gallon sized Ziploc bag and put in the freezer for another meal later on. :)

Pasta Fagioli
1 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 small onion, finely diced
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup finely sliced celery

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
2 (15 oz) cans beef broth

2 beef bouillon granules
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, with liquid
1 (15oz) can great northern beans, with liquid
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste, if needed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup apple juice
8 oz dry ditalini pasta


Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, lightly seasoning with salt & pepper. Then add to a large slow cooker. Add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, kidney beans, great northern beans, salt, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, pepper, and apple juice.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until veggies are tender.
When the soup is done, cook pasta in salted boiling water until just under al dente. Drain, rinse in hot water, then add to the soup and let cook for about 5 more minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls and enjoy!



 
Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment